Re: Photoflash Caps

Original poster: "JRW by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jwhitmor-at-muscanet-dot-com>

First of all, Thanks Jason. Lots of good information.

The ringing that is so hard on electrolytics is exactly what I want to happen.
The circuit is something like the old {HYPERLINK
"<http://inventors.about-dot-com/library/inventors/blignition.htm>http://invent
ors.about-dot-com/library/inventors/blignition.htm"}Charles Franklin Kettering
electrical ignition system. Since an ignition "condensor" can last for years,
I may try something similar. I believe they were oiled or waxed paper
dielectric,
(probably polyester now).  If anything interesting happens I'll send an update.

Jimbo