Re: MicroSim's PSpice Student vs. SiMetrix Intro

Original poster: "Vince Duperron by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vince-at-charter-dot-net>

> Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

> Version 9 of PSPICE absolutely is horrendous at least the schematic capture
> part of the program.
>
> The new version (14 which is stupid since they just jumped from version 9.1)
> by Cadence actually lets you use
> the old PSPICE version 8 schematic capture which is very simple compared to
> 9.1.
>
> You see, all us engineers complained to all heck when that new 9.1 schematic
> capture interface was releaded!!!!
>
> Dan

Hello;

Why not use the real thing?  SPICE is available for download at various places
on the web.  I have been using the ngspice version available at:
http://ngspice.sourceforge-dot-net/
This is the real thing, full spice 3, not a stripped down version of spice 2.

If ya gotta have some kind of schematic capture, try xcircuit;
http://bach.ece.jhu.edu/~tim/programs/xcircuit/
This is being actively developed and works pretty well.

Vince