Re: PHVPS

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

Hello Chris,

The easy was is to look up flyback driver circuits or SSTC on different web
sites related to Tesla coils.  The way I started was with Two books written
by Information Unlimited.  www.amazing1-dot-com   they have plans, parts, and
books that give information about this sort of thing.  The books Im
refering too are "Build Your Own laser, phasor, ion ray gun" and the other
one is "Build Your Own laser and other spaceage projects"  these names are
close to these, I don't have them in from of me though. The Author is
Robert Ianini, I think.

The two 2N3055 transistor with an old flyback transformer can power
anything, it is self oscillating with its feedback windings and is easy to
build, look around and you'll find it on the net or in books.  The fancier
ones with PWM, probably the source I mentioned above.

Good luck,
BTW:  the finger burns you will get from them do sting!!

Shaun Epp

Can anyone recomend a starting point for a Solid State
pulsed power supply for building plasma spheres or tubes....
A mini SSTC or other similar device?

I've successfully built a TC and understand the theory of a pulsed ps
curcuit
but I am a total novice with Electronics
so anything, even basic information is welcome

Feel free to contact me off list even
Chris Dowdy