Re: PHVPS

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Brett: The web page given is well done. I recomend the use of the RCA40411
as it is tolerant of most goofs. The 2n3055 has a low base current tolerance
and can be wiped out easy. It is cheep and the cost is overlooked if you
only wipe out a few. The 40411 ( not a hep substitute) has a 15 Amp max base
current which is ideal for power inverter circuits where trancients rule. I
dont know of any sutable substitute made as this transistor is unique.
  Robert  H