Re: El Supremo

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Is this simply
Higher volts equals more energy availabilty per bang so for given bang
smaller C reqd hence higher freq operation
Rgds
Ted L in NZ

The big thing "I" see here is that with only a minor rearrangement,  you
have 2400 volts instead of 600 driving the secondary in sort of a
 Marx configuration.  That allows higher frequencies (far less secondary
loss),
and lower loss in the primary!!!  Just what my OLTC needs!!!!

You lose me here.  Do you mean, charge each of the 4 sections to 600 V
instead of 150?  No problem there, conceptually.  But how does that allow
 for higher frequency?