GE 42L series capacitors

Original poster: "Matt Whitman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <teslacoiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi all. There has been some talk about the questionable reliability of the GE
42L series caps. I was hoping to use some on my new 8" coil, but I don't want
to spend all that money and have them fail on me.  The setup I designed would
be 17 caps in series for 20.4KV and 8 strings in parallel for .103uF using the
.22uf -at- 1200v caps (42L2222). My transformer is a 6 pack MOT supply rated at
13.3KV 300ma. The reason I want to use these is I found a good deal on them.
Any comments or suggestions.

Thanks

Matt Whitman
<mailto:teslacoiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>teslacoiler-at-hotmail-dot-com