Re: Goal is Hi-Fi Stereo (dual) SSTC singing arc system

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

> >     Also coming soon, the MIDI controlled Tesla coil...
> > db

> ACtually, I don't know if that would be all that hard... Even if you just
used
> the MIDI interface for voltage, current, bps and such instead of actual
audio.
> Or you could have just several channels available for TC control, and then
the
> rest of the cahnnels for a synthesiser, which feeds to the SSTC.... I've
> thought about using computers to control a TC before, i've jsust never
thought
> about using MIDI. It would be nice if you could, because many synthesiser
> programs have slider bars and such which would make it easy to real-time
> control stuff....

    Very true. Plus, having an optocoupler-type interface should make it
fairly easy to connect up without too much exotic surge supression. Now
someone just needs to sit down and write a MIDI to BPS microcontroller.
Guess I know what I'm doing for the rest of the week :)
db