Re: Does my transformer have PCB oil????????

Original poster: "Terrell W. Fritz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net>

Hi Dan,

I dug this up suggesting PCBs were around in 1947:

http://www.darp.noaa.gov/neregion/hudsonr.htm

Best just to test the oil.  I think the archives or list members know how.  But
highly unlikely yours has PCBs.  At the time, cast iron was "old" and PC" oil
was "high tech".  They would not have mixed the two...

Cheers,

        Terry