First light with new MMC PLEASE HELP!!

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hello all,

I tried the new MMC. The results can be seen at:

http://www.geocities-dot-com/gregjpeters/tesla.html

Go to the last picture.

I don't know what happened. This is the second secondary I have fried
with this coil. There were no racing arcs visible. The tuning was
pretty rough I guess. Only the turn in the photo was damaged. It is
about 1" from the bottom of the secondary. The rest of the coil is
fine. The toroid was massive - 12"x48"  I was getting 10-12 foot arcs
at this point, though you wouldn't think so from the photo. Any ideas
to what is going on? I couldn't see any primary-secondary arcing at all.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia