Re: Off-The-Shelf chokes

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "Cajun Coiler by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>
>
> I recollect hearing of some personages using a
> 500 ft roll of #12 THHN as a current limiting
> choke on their NST, and it was found to get warm.

You must be thinking about Terry Blake.  He has a
pretty sweet coil from the looks of his webpage.

http://www.tb3-dot-com/tesla/mrun/index.html

He uses a potential transformer, however and not an
NST.  NSTs have built in current limiting in the form
of stacked metal plates that form magnetic shunts to
the transformer's iron core.

-Brett