Re: Vacuum/blast gap

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 12:47 PM 15/09/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hi all,
>
>I recently attempted to reproduce Gary Lau's sucker gap.  I bought the same
>vacuum motor.  My meter claims 3A for the motor, yet Gary claims about
>10A?!?!  Thats not what im getting at.  My problem is that this gaps stinks!

<snip>

>All opinions are wanted.  Thanks,
>
>Steve Ward.

Hello Steve, Coilers,

Did you build the gap just like Gary's?  Does the air exit via the
two electrodes from the gap chamber?  I have a variation of his
design on my pig powered coil and it's working great for me, so
I can only assume that you must have made a major change from
Gary's design.  Check out my web site for a pix of my gap.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca