Re: 5'10" medium build = 60pf?

Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

It definitely is.  If you add up all the surface area of an "average" man
this capacitance is the result.

You can confirm this for yourself with a Tesla secondary coil.  Find the
resonant freq with sec coil and a toroid atop it.  Call this Fo.  Insulate a
person from ground and have him touch the toroid.  Measure the new resonant
freq and call it Fp (with person).

Knowing the inductance of the coil (fixed) which can be accurately measured,
and both resonant frequencies, Fo & Fp,  you can solve both systems for the
capacitance of each system.  Subtract the two and you have the capacitance
of the person.

You can then equate this back into the capacitance formula to determine the
"surface area" of one plate which is equal to the person's surface area.

Using electronics (it only requires a sec coil and not a primary or primary
cap) to determine the surface area of a person would perhaps be a potential
award winning science fair project for some of the younger list members.

Best regards,

Dr. Resonance