Re: Off-The-Shelf chokes

	#12 is typically rated for 20 Amps.

> Or is this just normal dissipation?

	I did not notice if the amperage was mentioned.
	One factor is that wire rolled up will get
	hotter than the same stretcehd out:  the heat
	can escape better (conduction/convection) from
	wire strung out.

> Nobody mentioned if the warmth was a "abnormally warm",

> or just an average normal operation "warm".

	Exactly...  Need numbers... Electrical insulations
	are rated for temperature withstand.  Even if
	'warm' if 'warm' is below the spec, then its likely
	OK.  (tho the inner turns will be hotter than
	those 'touchable:  measuring such temps is a Major
	Project.)

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...