terry's nst filter:power res overheating?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I wired the unit up tonight.  less interferrence than the choke filters i
was using. coil output seems slightly better.  but the problem is the power
resistors are heating up a bit more than I would like.  I am using
2 12kv 30ma nsts.  my gap is way maxxed out at somewhere just under 1/2".
I'm assuming that the gap being wider than it should is probably causing
overheating. the power resistors after 10mins of testing were about 110-120
degrees F.  the safety gap fires occasionally. any ideas?
I could post a link to a picture of the board plus the wiring layout i
chose.  none of the other components are showing any signs of heating.  what
is the limit of the heating of the power resistors? perhaps 150F ?
am i just overreacting?

larry.