Quadrant Tesla System - Ideas for HV phase shifting?????

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

All this talk about twinsystems . . . phooey ! ! ! !   ;)

Anyways, awhile back in college I remember someone building a quadruple (not
sure what else to call it) tesla system.
There were four secondaries spaced at 90 deg and during operation the four
would arc together at the middle and it looked very spectacular.

I've been planning on trying to do this for a while mainly because it looks
cool as hell, and its something i really haven't seen anywhere else on the
web.

Here are my current problems:

-A twin system is relatively easy as its easy to configure two coils exactly
180 deg out of phase between each other.  Just reverse the primary wiring on
each coil.  However, a quadrant type coil would need to be 90 deg out of
phase between each other.  This poses a problem as I can't see how to
accomplish this by wiring convention alone.  Something more unique will
probably have to be done such as some type of phase shift network on at
least two of the coils.  This could be something as simple as a capacitor in
series etc... or more elaborate.

Anyways, I plan on making a small table top coil like this using John Freau
toroids and 2" secondaries.

If anyone has any ideas or knows of someone who has done this before, let me
know!!!!

Thanks
Dan