Re: getting high voltage from the high voltage lines? (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 05:56:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: getting high voltage from the high voltage lines?

We do that at work. We have two 115 kV distribution
lines feeding two 10 MVA transformers, which step it
down to 12,470 v. As we're expanding, the utility is
getting ready to replace the "small" 10 MVA trannies
with larger ones. I'd love to get a hold of one of
those puppies!

I doubt you can get this in a residence though.

Adam

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Beans45601-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> could you possibly get the power company to make a
> direct line from your house
> to the high voltage lines to power your coil? I
> really doubt, but, just
> wondering if anyone had ever asked...
> Thanks
> Adam