Re: Will this particular Arc Welder work as a ballast????

Scot,

A proper ballast inductance setting will give a better power factor
than an incorrect setting.  I realize some folks don't care about
power factor, but if they're running a large enough coil then a poor
power factor may cause the system to draw more current than they
have available.  I like my systems to run efficiently anyway.

John