RE: PDT (Pig) failure modes

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

While this was probably only running at 5 - 6 kVA, it
suffered through numerous fierce primary strikes. I
finally ran it like this so long that the lexan
primary supports burst into flames.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/

While I don't know the pig's exact age, based on the
condition it was in when I got it, I'd say it was
around 20 - 30 years old. It has aluminum primary and
secondary windings. As far as I know it's never been
serviced, and is running strong.

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/pig.jpg
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/pig1.jpg
http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/garage/pig2.jpg