Proximity of Components > Review Committee Approval?

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi folks,
I spent hours searching the archives last night but
couldn't satisfy this particular curiousity.

I'm trying to make my TC as portable as possible. I
have thoughts of bringing it around to schools,
haunted houses etc. We're talking maybe a hundred
pounds here at least.

To the dissapointment of some, I have aquired that
huge variac from the guy nextdoor. It turned out to be
a 240V 60A unit. I'm sorry he decided not to part with
all of them. Heck the knob alone is bigger than my
hand.

Now with a 50lb variac I need to redesign my control
cabinet. I was wondering if I could consolidate the
PFC, line filter(s), nst(s), Terry circuit, safety
gaps in with the tank cap, main gap etc. Then isolate
this giant variac all by itself near the operator. If
this is feasible I'd like to have a custom lexan box
made for this beautiful variac.

I also was entertaining the idea of placing my main
spark gap above the tank cap, both being directly
under my primary/secondary. I have plenty of G10
panels I could insulate/isolate things with if close
proximity is an issue.

Do you guys see any flaw in this thinking before I get
to the drawing board to lay all this stuff out?

Thanks very much.

Dan--Ft. Lauderdale