Re[2]: Inexperience was RE: Mad experiment or Re: PDT

Original poster: "=?Windows-1251?B?wujq8u7w?= by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <henergy-at-mail.ru>

Tl> As for Viktor's questions, keep in mind that the output of a small coil
Tl> might not do much aside from burn you. The primary coil and caps can kill
Tl> you easily. If you do feel the need to play with the output of the
secondary
Tl> directly, you will want to avoid any means of falling into anything dealing
Tl> with the primary. You will want to make sure that your secondary arcs are
Tl> not picking any current from the primary as well. As you can tell from
Tl> reading posts, people get strikes to their primary all the time. It
Tl> inherently seems like a bad idea to intentionally play with your secondary
Tl> arcs knowing this. Tesla coils behave in strange ways and you will probably
Tl> want too observe the strange things that happen (as in sparks glong long
Tl> distances and not to the nearest grounded object) before trying your
Tl> "experiment".

Clear business - I am not agglomerated to get directly on topload of
the reel :). I think to make "support" of good insulator, to place it
on rather major distance from the reel and her primary circuits. It
will exclude an opportunity of hit of arcs and streamers in primary circuits.
Then to lead a wire from a secondary winding. And secondary circuit, as it
seems
- is rather harmless. I caught by a metal rod (standing on an isolated
seat, certainly)
spark of length about 10см is about 50 % from a gross power of the reel.
Thus any unpleasant (no less than pleasant:) was not.

--
Best regards,
 Виктор                            mailto:henergy-at-mail.ru