Re: I've lost my k. Can someone help me find it?

Hi Daniel,

On 24 Sep 2002, at 7:55, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

>     Hi All-
>
>     Can someone (Antonio???)  set me straight on how to calculate K given a
> pri/sec assembly's lower (F1)  and upper (F2) resonant frequency?

To a first approximation you can use k = (F2-F1)/Fo. This gives an
error of a few percent at typical TC k's around 0.2 or so. As k
increases, the percentage error increases because F2 recedes to
infinity and F1 drops to Fo/2 as k approaches 1. No flames from here
:)

Regards,
Malcolm