GeekMMC page / Goodies for sale.

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><MrGizmo28-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 9/25/02 7:12:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>writes:
>

> > http://thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc/
>

>Does being in this group still give you a price break?

Yes, and better, the only way you CAN buy them is if you're a member of one
of 3 things.

The Geek Group
The Pupman List
or the Tesla-2 List

We do not sell to the general public, nor adveritse outside of these
circles. That's why there's no link or anything to the MMC page from the
main site. We do this because I'm not interested in selling caps for a
living. We sell caps specificly to make them availible to the coiling
community in order to do our part in bettering the state of the art. There
is no seperate pricing for public, because we don't sell to them anymore :)

>When is the next
>shipment?

CD is making noises about mid-october so I'm thinking about two weeks. As
usual, the day after they get here, they ship.

I also have a few other things people may be interested in.....

1. 3/8" thick 2"x2" Solid copper heatsink plates (machine to your pleasure
for everything from computers to Gaps). These vary in price depending on
finish.

$5 each , Edges milled, faces coated with epoxy (protects the surfaces,
sands off easily)
$10 Each Edges milled, faces milled
$25 Each Edges milled, faces milled, lapped to a mirror finish.

I also have a few BIG equipment racks. Formerly housed an AS400 Mainframe. I
have a few extra racks and can't justify using my finite storage space for
extra mainframe racks when we have more pressing things to put there
(besides, how many mainframes do we really need?). They're in excellent
condition, built like a TANK (heavy gauge steel, enclosed sides, open
front/back (some have back doors). And they include the BIG power supply
(it's like an outlet strip on steroids, uses a 240VAC-30A Twist-Loc plug for
input, outputs are standard computer-type plugs, each with a seperate
breaker. The power supply can do funky stuff (it has a serial port on it)
but I've never experimented with one so I don't know much about it. The
cabinets sell as/is/where/is for the simple fact that THEY WEIGHT A TON
(literally about 500-800lbs or so, empty (full of drives they can easily go
well over a ton). They're on wheels and sitting at a residential address in
49006, a truck with a 2500lbs liftgate is THE way to move them and I'll help
load. $400 per cabinet. They work GREAT for big, heavy things that have to
be moved regularly (like BIG coil power supply cabinets). With one of these
racks you can mount a 40kVA pig, complete with a beefy ballast, and one
person can easily move it around on a concrete floor. Serious inquiries only
please.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

"He had that rare weird electricity about him--that
extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in
a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving
normally." --Hunter S. Thompson