Re: Mini coil contest

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

According to my rules, you can remove all shunts except for 5 (that is 5 top
and 5 bottom shunts).  This gives you probably up to about 45mA output
current.  You could call Pioneer Electronics up or just go to the
Franceformer site and locate a distributor near you.

Dan

> Ok,
>
> Here is my question, what happened to the removing 1/2 of the shunts??  I
> was hoping that 38ma was allowable??  I dont really want to be fooling
> around with some little 5" arcs, i want the 10" sparks.  But i suppose for
> competition and regulations, i will try my best with the 20 ma, then have
> more fun with the 38ma.
>
> Also, Dan, where do i find the transformers from that link you posted??
It
> seems that they basically are listing links to manufacturers sites??
should