Re: Newfound Respect 4 MOTs!!!

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

just got a hold of some broken 2.2kW ovens! The transformers are in MINT
condition and require 220V, as they are made for UK- Europe. The plugs don't
match those in Canada or the US. So, because they are too expensive to ship
back, they are literally giving them away at the local junk store for $30
CAN a pop. Not bad!
The MOT's are 50% larger in size to the ones I currently own, but they
develope 2.72 kVAC with no load on 240V survice (nice thick, hot arcs! at
least 1-2A of current output via secondary!) The MO caps are very large
( 1.2 uF 2.5KV rated! ) :o I'm really happy. What a steal of a price.

....so, as I say...anything is possiable. You just have to look around.