Re: Variac Troubles

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi Winston,
 It sounds like this unit has a few set voltage taps wired to the coil.
Check the model # for a letter suffix at the end, most likely this has
more connection taps on the face plate also, no? It probably has taps
for 30% and 80% windings, Just do as Terry says and pull the covers to
get the two end wires and the brush taps right (maybe give it a good
cleaning while you're in there). The others will give a constant voltage
at all times.
Take care,
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>