Re: Hi ,Im new to the group need to ask a couple of tesla questions.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <PLUGHzz-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi I have been trying to use a 15kv 20khz 20 ma neon sign transformer for a
small tesla coil but havent had much luck, first the 15 kv is rated at 240
volts im using 120 so im getting approx 7.5 kv also my secondary is 570 turns
of 28 guage coated steel wire on 2" abs and tried using several home made caps
,party cup cap, and a big hawg cap (saltwater), my main coil was 6 turns heavy
steel wire..

How bad off am I ?
thanks,
Danny L. Ray II