Re: inductance calculations again

 > The research is being interesting. Everything was known by the end
 > of the XIX century, and then forgotten. Several recent papers
 > derive the same old formulas, without references to the old
 > works...

The curse of search engines, I suspect.  Do a search using IEEE Xplore for
instance, and nothing that was published before the 60's shows up. The more
generalized search engines are better, but don't reach back to the 19th
century or earlier.  There's also the language thing.  Searching for English
search terms isn't necessarily going to turn up works in German or French.
I suspect that the only way to really find this stuff is by looking at the
references for a recent paper, then looking at the references in those
papers, and so forth, jumping back a generation at a time.  There's probably
also some breaks in the reference chain due to "fashion" and "arrogance"...
Such is one of the things that makes research interesting, and also makes
what you're doing, collecting references, so valuable.