Mag amps and generators ?

Original poster: "Mark Snoswell by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark-at-cgCharacter-dot-com>

I was just thinking about totally different power supply configurations
for TC's ... I thought I remembered hearing that Tesla used high
frequency AC generator at one stage? ... Anyone remember or can confirm
or refute that?

Has anyone tried, seen or thought about building a high frequency
generator for TC's --  it would not be easy, but could be quite robust.

I was also wondering about Magnetic amplifiers -- you can pump very
large amounts of power with these and they are extremely robust -- In
the past they have been limited to LF because of core material
limitations. However I have a AMCC1000 metglas core here (Honeywell)
that can handle KW's at 100Khz +   ... And it just made me think of Mag
apms

... Anyone? ... Tried this or got any ideas?

Mark

PS... I've finished a 6" x 32" formless secondary, matching primary --
both "show" quality. Unfortunately I haven't had time to create a web
site :(  I also now have the Teflon film and copper shim for making the
tank cap -- I hope to make up a winding gig this weekend -- there is no
way I am going to try handling the winding of Teflon manually.
Everything is going to be on independent tensioned pinch rollers with
guides.

Dr Mark Snoswell.
Creator & Head Dude                   www.cgCharacter-dot-com
Contributing Editor Design Graphics.  www.designgraphics-dot-com.au
Aldgate Valley Rd, Mylor. Adelaide 5153, Australia

-