Re: MOT Power Supply Questions

Original poster: "Finn Hammer by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <f-h-at-c.dk>

  Please view in a fixed-width font such as
                  Courier.

     Please view in a fixed-width font such as Courier.

      +--------------+-------------+----------------------
      |              |             |
      |       |------+-------|-----+-------|---------------
      |+      |o     |+      |o    |+      |o
      |       |      |       |     |       |
      |       |      |       |     |       |
      uuuuuuuuu      uuuuuuuuu     uuuuuuuuu

      uuuuuu         uuuuuu        uuuuuu
      |    |         |    |        |    |
      |    |         |    |        |+   |o
      |    |         |    +--------+-   |
                     |                  |
                     | <-measure here-> |

Hi Simonas.

Without a scope, you can still phase these transformers. The only thing
that you will miss, is the information about, wether the secondary`s are
in phase with the primary`s. Since that doesn`t matter in this case,
proceed like this:
On all 3 sets, mark the secondary`s with a neutral (o) on one wire.
On one of the sets, mark the primary`s with both neutral (o) and hot (+)

Now arrange the transformers like the schematic above, keping the
neutrals together on the secondary`s, and connect these to the mains.
You should now get about 20 volts on the primary`s.

Now connect one unknown secondary with the reference secondary. If you
get double voltage, the wire that goes to the (+) terminal of the
reference is a neutral (o). If you get about 0 volts, the wire that goes
to the + terminal on the reference is a + wire.

Repeat the procedure on the other unknown transformer, and you are ready
to go.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skriver: