Re: MOSFET Coil- Ready..Set...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Sue,

You can also try www.newark-dot-com  and www.alliedelec-dot-com

Also, i wouldn't limit yourself to the chips listed below.  There are many
similar ICs which are more readily available than these components which
will do the same
exact job.  For example, Linear Technology's LT1016, although not as fast,
is a drop-in replacement for the MAX913.  This component is readily
available and digikey has
thousands of this IC in stock.  Similarily, the HC74LS14 can be replaced by
similar logic family ICs such as the SN74LS14 etc...  Although I think the
HC denotes high current output
capability, i really don't think its necessary for the design.  The MAX4420
can be replaced with the TC4421 or TC4422 MOSFET driver ICs which again are
readily available.

Hope this helps.

The Captain