Re: Current measurements and good digital storage scopes

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

 > I really, really want a good storage scope!

Bert,

There are many high quality storage scopes available on the market for
relatively low price.
You don't have to shell out thousands of dollars to get a decent scope.  I
did own a Tektronix 3054B digital scope but that
was purchased while I was doing a lot of contract work (PIC microcontroller
coding) and the contract work paid for the high
price tag of this item, but I have recently sold it to fund my other
expensive hobby - photography (digital SLR stuff)

One particular scope (which is a bit quirky to use at first) which is
available for a decent price is the Tektronix 2430A.  Its a nice 2-channel,
150MHZ
digital storage scope which can usually be had on Ebay for $300-400 tops.
One thing to keep in mind is that Tektronix no longer supports repairs on
these models.  Parts are extremely difficult to obtain if at all.  Usually,
you'll need to buy another 2430A to cannabilize parts from.  I did mention
that I was
going to sell some of these, but I think I may actually keep them as they
are good scopes and I may need the parts.

The Captain