Re: Polishing Lexan or Plexiglass

Original poster: "Ralph Zekelman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gridleak-at-bluemarble-dot-net>

I'm wondering if there is any way to polish the edges to
reduce/remove machining marks from the Lexan.

Mark,

I would take several light swipes with a very sharp
block plane.  Then I work my way thru various grits of sandpaper
towards a final buffing with buffing compound and a large wheel.
Do not use a small buffing wheel or the results will make the fire polishing
look good.  :-)) Polishing lexan may not be worth the effort.

Ralph Zekelman