From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 4:17 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Z-Machine Sparkage- Try this at home!!

Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Hi Guys,

Here is a small scale version of this effect:
http://community.webshots-dot-com/photo/8426665/8431256GxXPCeOPhl
Terry, you might remember this one!
It's a very simple set up. All you need is an NST(any current-the higher the
voltage the better.), a high voltage rectifier, and a capacitor any value
from .01uf on up. I filled a metal pan with water and placed it on a
insulating platform, tied one end of the NST to the pan, and the other end
through a diode to the capacitor and a brass ball suspended above the water
(I used regular tap water. Distilled may work better). The other end of the
capacitor goes to the metal pan. the higher I went in capacitance, the
better the results were. I tried up to .06uf.

Cheers,
Sue