Re: Magnifier conversion

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Terry,

 > I was thinking of making an add-on to convert my
 > small coil into a
 > magnifier system:
---
That's a very good news.
---

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/SmallCoil.htm

 > Basically just a new primary and secondary coil like
 > this:
 >
 > http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Newcoil-Mag.jpg
 >
 > Just a 16 inch diameter primary coil of 1/4 inch
 > tubing.  10 turns at 5
 > inches long for a primary inductance up to about
 > 50uH.
---
Many configurations are possible.
---

 > The secondary is 12 inches in diameter 15 inches
 > long and is 150 turns of
 > number 20 wire. the inductance is 3.97mH and the
 > primary to secondary
 > coupling can be adjusted from about 0.15 to 0.50 by
 > raising or lowering the
 > secondary inside the primary.
 >
 > I would just use my present secondary coil as a
 > tertiary coil now.
 >
 > L1 = 21.5uH
 > C1 = 23.8nF
 > L2 = 3.97mH
 > C2 = 12.3 pF
 > L3 = 22.1mH
 > C3 = 18.5pF

 > C2 will probably be a lot higher if I add a corona
 > ring and have the wire
 > connecting the secondary to the tertiary added in.
---
Ha,I suppose you followed recent maggy threads very
closely,didn't ya.
---

 > If anyone sees and glaring problems or has other
 > ideas, I would like to
 > here about them.
---
Let's hear from others.Nice to see you got interested
in 3-coil OLTC system personal project.
You could first crank out your 2-coil system  to the
maximum power imput at various BPS ,record arc
lenghts,and then convert the system in 3-coil one.
Performance comparations should come as the last step
.
cheers,
Boris