Re: Magnifier topload size?

Original poster: "Edward Wingate by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

 > Terry,
 >
 > In two words: money and tools. Most metal spinners max out at 96"
 > diameter.
 >
 > Design considerations in the high end are often dominated by money and
 > tools.
 >
 > Jeff
 >
 >  > I note the Bill Wysocks and Goldka's big magnifiers have sort
 >  > of small top
 >  > loads.

Jeff,

Corrugated flexible plastic drain pipe comes in diameters up to 36" and
could be used to create just about
any diameter toroid  relatively inexpensively compared to a much smaller
spun aluminum unit. A 3' X 16' or
a 3' X 20'  toroid could be constructed for a reasonable cost.

Granted, it wouldn't look as pretty or professional as a spun aluminum
toroid, but it would be functional.

I think Greg Leyh's metal tubing fabrication method could also be used to
construct gargantuan sized
toroids at reasonable cost.

Ed Wingate RATCB