Re: Solid-State spark gap replacement

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 13:28 21/04/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>Hi,
>
>If you look at the specs of these things you'll
>find that they aren't suitable for Tesla coil usage.

They are suitable. There is a 24kV 625 Amp model that would drop right into
my big coil in place of the rotary gap. However, considering that the
rotary gap was made entirely from junk in an afternoon, and probably does
have a lower on-resistance than the solid-state unit, I take your point on
board. The way to go with solid-state gaps is probably the OLTC.

Steve C.