Re: Sherline was - Re: Magnifier primary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/22/03 10:14:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>DeWalt and Milwaukee are great power tools.  One isn't better than the
>other, but you'll find there are
>Milwaukee people and there are DeWalt people.  You'll rarely find someone
>who mixes the power tools.
>Color coordination is important!
>
>The Captain

Hi Cap'n, All,

        Being less fashion conscious (and a veteran of several marriages),
my power tool set includes Makita (good), Ryobi (uchh), Milwaukee (good),
Delta (uchhh), Porter Cable (good), B&D (uuchhhhh), Sears (so-so), and
Chicago Tool (primitive). Of course, I also have been known to commit the
fashion heresy of putting Craftsman, Snap-On, and Mac hand tools in the
SAME tool chest. ;-))
        In my experience, you never get more than you pay for, but may get
less. The low price end of any line will leave you fighting the tool most
of the time. If you want a quality tool on a modest budget, check out
estate sales or bankruptcy sales rather than someone's voluntary cast-offs.

For 2 cents plain,
Matt D.