RE: SRSG questions

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 >  > Trouble is, I'm stuck with a brand new 1/2 HP GE
 >  > induction motor... and I want to make it
 > synchronous.
 >  > I will see if I can obtain an angle grinder (for
 >  > ARSGs) for a reasonable price though.
 >  >
 >  > Chris
 >  >

 > Oh I see.  Anyways, Grainger has some nice universal
 > motors, ranging from
 > small to about 1 HP in size.
 >
 > The Captain

Well... I just milled some flats in the rotor and now
I don't know if it's synchronous. I'm pretty sure it
is, but how can I check for sure? Also, is a .8-.9
inch flat enough for a rotor 2-2.5 inches in diameter?
I'm running at 3600 RPM.

Thanks,

Chris

_