Capacitor checker

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hi Terry,
I don't think that this went thru yesterday.*

Hello,

Well, I went to my second Upper Michigan hamfest today.  This one only had
two tables set-up (the last one had four).  Wow.  Anyhow, I picked up a
Heathkit IT-28 cap checker for a buck.  I'd been hoping to find an old one
for checking caps for future coils, and the price was right.  The guy said
it worked six years ago.  Anyhow, I checked some crusty old caps when I got
home, and it doesn't seem to be working properly.  A Google search turned
up some info on potentially bad mica caps, but in order to check these,
I'll need to buy a new cap meter, which kind of defeats the purpose of this
one.  Figure there are other coiling items that take precedent,
budget-wise.  Anyone with any ideas, please mail me off list.

Thank you,
John Richardson
<mailto:jprich-at-up-dot-net>jprich-at-up-dot-net

*I never saw it here, but I'll send this. - T.