Re: How to determine three-phase power

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Hi All,
 >
 > I want to get a three-phase feed into my house for DC
 > tesla coiling and I decided to do some research. I
 > looked out the window and saw 3 wires on the power
 > poles that come down my street. Going down the street
 > I saw that consecutive pole pigs were connected to
 > different lines on th power poles. Now to make sure, I
 > have to get a neighbor that's supposedly using a
 > different phase of the 3-phase line and measure
 > voltage from my house to their house via really long
 > power cord... :-) But before I do that, I want to ask
 > the Tesla list if my speculation is correct.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Chris

	It's very unlikely that you are dealing with three-phase power.  The
different loads are connected to different legs of the power line in
order to balance the load.

Ed