Re: House Circuits -- interesting find

Original poster: "Jeremy Scott by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <supertux1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Holy smokes!

Don't let the inspector see that one :)

I'm lucky I guess since the electrical panel
IS in my shop, which makes it easier to run
wires and what not. It's an unfinished room
in the basement.

Also why I don't run coils in the shop....
I'm deathly afraid of a streamer hitting
the panel...and me at the same time.

I just bought this house, so I'm not entirely
familiar with the wiring yet. I did some more
poking around in the panel today, and lo and
behold I found out our sauna is fed by a 30 amp
breaker.

Upon further inspection, the sauna heater
is rated at 240V 6KW, or 25 amps. The plug
is a 3 prong one with the flat prongs arranged in
a triangle fashion. Any idea how I might use
it for 120V? I'm not sure if it's like your
circuit where the phase is inverted on one
of them. I'd rather consult the list before
shoving my DMM leads in it :)