Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi Antonio,

> > I'll have to look into it more.  I think I can directly measure the
> > voltages at signal generator power to be sure is all operating as
> > expected.  also need to verify things much more.  Just didn't have much
> > time Sunday to be sure of what was going on.
>
>The waveforms that you posted days ago were close to the correct, but
>the notches could be better. A 6th-order magnifier can produce
>"second-order notches", where not only the voltages and currents are
>null at the notches, but some of their first derivatives too.
>It's also easy to check the resonance frequencies. Measurements in
>my sistem reveals that all three are withing 1.8% of the design.

I went up the C2 capacitor changing values and made this movie :o))

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/C2-Animation.gif

It goes from about 100 pF to 250pF.  I hope it works ok for others.

The output RMS voltage stays the same but the C2 RMS voltage increases with
increasing capacitance.  One can see when it hits the 2,3,4 point.  A set
the coil so it looks like this with 145pF.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0429-05.gif

Cheers,

         Terry