Call for papers - Journal of Amateur Science

Hi,

The newly created "Journal of Amateur Science" is asking for papers.

http://jamsci-dot-org

Journal of Amateur Science is an online journal of the work of amateur
scientists.  Unlike high powered Ph.D's in big universities experimenting
under big government grants, true "amateur" scientists typically can not
get there work published in "Nature" or "The American Institute of Physics"
:D  Realizing that there is outstanding work done by amateurs working in
their homes, garages, etc., the Journal of Amateur Science is a place
"they" can get their work published.

The Journal of Amateur Science is privately funded and does not charge for
access to papers, pay for papers, or charge authors for papers.  It is
totally free to all.  Nor, does it claim any copyrights or other rights to
the papers presented.  It is simply a place where quality amateur science
is presented.

Submission guidelines are at:

http://jamsci-dot-org/submissions/submissions.html

Cheers,

	Terry

Special note - Incase you have not figured it out... :o)))   "I" (Terry
Fritz) am the creator an editor of the "Journal of Amateur Science".  Ever
since Paul's TSSP project, I was troubled that there was no scientific
journal for "us".  The end of the TCBA newsletter and the 'Amateur
Scientist' column in "Scientific American" also left other great voids in
this area...  So I finally got to number 897538965 on my "list of things to
do" and created this journal.  At this moment, there are NO papers there
yet, but the journal is less than 12 hours old ;-))  This publication
really did spring up over night :o)))  I certainly have server room and the
inclination to do this, so I figured I had just better do it!! :-))

You will notice that the site is rather "stark"...  This journal is not
about the "prestigious" "Journal of Amateur Science" or about
"Terry"...  It is about the presentation of papers describing the work of
amateur scientists.  No money is involved (I blew about $80 on the domain,
but that's cool ;-))  The servers and web space are free to me.  Unlike big
scientific journals, I don't print paper, but simply "FTP it up".  Thus I
do not need a $2000/year subscription fee for four issues ==:O  I took from
the lead of the Public Library of Science (http://plos-dot-org) in making the
site and papers totally free.  There is practically zero money involved in
this and that is the way it "must" be...

But be forewarned, I don't accept "garbage"...  I am not sure any of the
papers "I" have written could be published in their present form :-p  But
for such a journal to be really cool, the works presented have to be of
very high quality, and so they shall be...  It makes no difference if there
is one paper or 1000...  I make the same amount of money either way
:D  Amateurs do not have to abide by any strict rules, guidelines, or
procedures, but the presentation of their work has to be pretty nice since
goodness knows how many may wish to take and proceed where they left
off...  But if you did cool work, we understand that you do not have a
staff of writers ;-))

You can forget anything even remotely associated with "pseudo science"!!!

All type of science are acceptable.  Physics, electronics, biology,
astronomy, Tesla coils ;-)...  No limits there...

So I am hoping it will be really cool and useful to those that do their
science "after" coming home from the day job ;-))

Cheers,

	Terry