Re: driving copper pipe

Original poster: "Rodney Goolsby by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeronimo-at-bright-dot-net>

Because not only is copper water pipe much cheaper, I have a lot of it
laying in my basement.  I'm trying to use it.  I was thinking the quick
cement (couple of dollars at local hardware store) would help strengthen the
pipe without affecting the electrical properties of the pipe ( because it
would still be in direct contact with the earth).

 > Why wouldn't you use a copper plated ground rod as they are intended to be
 > driven into the ground? $19.99 at Radio Shack and also available at Home
 > Depot.

http://www.radioshack-dot-com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CT
LG%5F003%5F001%5F003%5F003&product%5Fid=15%2D529