Re: 120 or 240 VAC? to power 4 15KV 30ma NST's

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

Gerry,
Personally, I would tun the transformer farm off 220 volt center tapped to
neutral, with a dual ganged 110V 1kW minimum per section variac. This
allows you to use smaller gauge wire,  switches, and relays.  Of course, it
would be better to buy a heavier variac if you can afford it -- you can be
sure that if 2kW is good, 5 kW will be better.  A balanced arrangement will
better tolerate any mismatches in the transformer characteristics

I would definitely not run a setup of this size without a variac to bring
it up slowly.

HTH,
Dave