Re: Adjusting coeff. of coupling --- with the coil running!!

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

It does vary from design to design and that's why I'm suggesting this motor
experiment.  It doesn't have to be large at all ---- some of those small
surplus gear motors ($5-$10) have plenty of torque to twist a sec. coil for
short durations.

It's an easy experiment and well worth your time to do it.  It removes a lot
of extra stress (10-15%) on your cap by establishing the very best
parameters for your coil.

I'm discovering some interesting data relating to coeff. coupling vs.
coilform dia. and I hope to use this in my forthcoming book:  Tesla's
Marvelous Transformer:  The Tesla Coil which I hope to finish writing and
publish next spring.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.