capacitor idea

Original poster: "Rodney Goolsby by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeronimo-at-bright-dot-net>

Last night I was thinking and I got an idea about using multiple types
dielectrics in a capacitor. ( I'd like to take this moment to say, I'm an
amateur, I have no idea if any of this would work. Just thought it was
worth asking about.)
What if you took 2 layers of something with a very high breakdown voltage
(maybe some type of spray on/ paint on high voltage insulation) and placed
a layer something with a high dielectric constant between the 2 high
voltage layers?  Could this result in a very small amount of space between
the plates of the capacitor, and a high dielectric constant, there for a
high capacitance and high break down voltage?