Re: Oscope advice

465s are great scopes (as indicated by the remarkably high Ebay prices for
a way obsolete (commercially) scope)..

One gotcha, though... make sure the tube is good and not burned.  I'll bet
a replacement CRT for these is quite expensive.  The other thing is to not
even bother buying one of these that isn't working, thinking you'll fix
it.  You'll have a tough time finding replacement parts (particularly
transistors and such for the vertical amps).

However, if it's working, and just needs readjustment, or recalibration,
then, have at it...