RE: DC Resonance Charging Advice Sought

Original poster: "Chris Arnold by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chris_arnold-at-msn-dot-com>

Dave,

If I were in your situation I would size the bleeder resistors to dissipate
much more power, and live with some higher losses.  A time span of 30
seconds or so to get down to a "safe" voltage would be much more useful in
your situation IMO.  I think in the 750 kOhm range would do this, but that
would result in 100 watts of power loss.  I guess it all depends on how
long you're willing to deal with the capacitor storing a lethal
charge.  From a little experience messing around with really big filter
caps like that, the discharge can be most impressive!  Good luck and be safe.

Chris Arnold