Re: DC Resonance Charging Advice Sought

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Dave Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

 > I agree. I am going to add an additional resistor which should reduce the
 > time to 15 minutes or less. I will measure the time reduction to ensure the
 > discharge time meets expectations.
 >
 > A friend suggested that I also add a discharge switch to immediately safe
 > the smoothing capacitors for just the purpose you suggest. That way
 > adjustment can be made immediately. I will investigate this.
 >
 > Dave

	No matter what you do, safety devices or not, I recommend you provide
an additional device (grounded strap and some sort of terminal) to short
the capacitors before you get your hands near them. If the bleeder has
done its job nothing will happen, if not you'll get an exciting spark!

Ed